5/16/2018

Netflix and IMDb

When looking for movies or series worth watching on, I used to spend hours with a growing sense of frustration.

Of course, the shows need to be a mix, one, to server different audiences, but most importantly, second, to stay within budget. However, I cannot help the feeling, that the largest part of the offerings are, well, crap. On the other hand, there is some really good stuff there, too.

Only, how do I find the good stuff more quickly? There used to be great Grasemonke/Tamptermonkey user scripts, that would show ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb and the like alongside the movies on Netflix. Unfortunately, all of them stopped working after some time, and I was left again looking for the needle in the haystack.

That is, until I recently found a user script that shows those IMDb ratings again. It is admittedly a little more work that just click-install (you have to get a free key and put it in the code yourself), but it works, and that's all that matters for me.

It does not show ratings for all items (no idea why), and I am a pick person, so I don't want to watch anything that got less that a 7.0 on IMDb, but even with these restrictions is took me only 30 minutes to fill my list with 10 titles I want to watch.

As you can see, my ratio of watching versus searching has improved considerably :-)

If you are looking for a similar treat, you check the user script out yourselves here.

No comments:

adaxas Web Directory